Swapping a Surprise with Oh Comely’s Perfect Strangers Project!
This month, I am taking part in Oh Comely magazine’s Perfect Strangers project! Here’s how it works: you enter your details and pay one pound to be matched up with someone in the UK or the rest of the world (you choose) and you prepare a care package for them and they send one to you in return! I’ve seen so many great pictures and creative ideas on Instagram in previous years when the project has taken place so I wanted to get involved this time! Have a look at the care package I made for a ‘perfect stranger’ south of the border:
My care package included:
- Something to listen to: A mix CD of my favourite songs (quality listening, of course)
- An article
- Two short stories
- Drink me… A bottle of Irn Bru (a Scottish delicacy)
- A Lee’s raspberry coconut ice and Scottish tablet (more Scottish delicacies)
- Eat me… A mini box of Celebrations
- A copy of the recipe for the lemon cheesecake I make all the time
- A copy of this month’s Scotcampus magazine
- A notepad
- Read me… Three books (The Land of Green Plums by Herta Muller; I’m Not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti; and a Penguin Classics book)
- A letter
- Smell me… Two scented candles
I had so much fun putting the package together and I can’t wait to post it off and see what in the post in the next few days!